Friday, September 27, 2013

Snapshot of my Life on Sept 27, 2013


By Dr. Taylor Marshall
Here’s a snapshot of my life as of today.

Outside my window…

Irving, Texas. 72 degrees. It’s beautiful, but my fall allergies are killing me.

Today so far…

Eggs and biscuits. I drove the kids to school. We pumped it up with the 80s tribute dance song “Safe and Sound” by Capital Cities. Tonight is Marshall Family Dance Party on the back porch.

I am thankful…

For my woman, my children, my home, , my faith in Christ, and my exciting life.
I’m grateful to Adam Anderly who is creating an awesome website for the New Theological Movement.

I am thinking about…

Troops of Saint George. We’re going to be promoting it a lot more in the months to come. We were recently sent a “cease and desist” from the Boy Scouts of America. We’ve responded and we’re moving forward!
I’m also thinking about improving the user interface at the New Saint Thomas Institute.

On the blog…

I feel that it’s changing. I’m focusing posts on Wednesday to the new podcast. I think Fridays will be “casual day” with more personal posts, like this one.

I am creating…

Tommy the Muskox – the mascot of the New Saint Thomas Institute. In case you missed the goofball post about our new amazing, powerful, hard-headed, inspiring and smelly mascot, you can read about him by clicking here.
Here’s a picture of our new mascot on our New Saint Thomas Institute t-shirt. Click on the shirt if you want to get one:
Screen Shot 2013-09-25 at 1.12.02 PMYou can even choose your own shirt colors!

Tommy the Muskox looks cool and reminds me of those creatures from Star Wars. You know, the one that the Sandpeople rode upon:
sand people animalIs this the great-grandfather of Tommy the Muskox?
The New Saint Thomas Institute is like a members think-tank for those on the same journey. Since the courses are in video format, I can have a little more fun with it. If you want to learn philosophy and theology, become a better Christian, and cultivate a positive, upbeat, supernatural outlook – then New Saint Thomas is for you.
We’ll open up 499 spots for students at the beginning of October.
If you want to be part of early registration in order to reserve your spotclick here.

I am reading…

Adam Anderly has me reading Rework by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson of 37 Signals. It’s a book on the philosophy of working. It has some tech geek stuff it, but it’s intriguing and has me re-analyzing my philosophy of “work flow.”
I like how the book emphasizes that “group meetings” are a waste of time, and that sleep is very important for keeping your mind innovative and creative. In my podcasts I talk about the importance of “sleep” in order to achieve excellence.

I am praying…

For a stronger Church. This past week I’ve realized that we need to pray and try to convert more people to Christ our Lord.
Our family is also praying for pregnant ladies.
Praying for my wife and children as usual.

I am listening to…

Spotify. Still enjoying it.
Confession: I haven’t been listening to Baroque music like I intended.
I also bought Si Robertson’s (Duck Dynasty fame) book on audible: Si-Cology. I haven’t begun it yet but I’m looking forward to it:
si robertson bok

Clicking around…

Wikipedia. Beyond that, I haven’t been on the net much this week.

Around the house…

The Suburban has a flat tire. I ran over a kid bike and it popped the tire. I can’t be patched.

One of my favorite things…

Observing the children when they don’t know I’m watching. This morning I listened to Jude (7 years) playing guitar and singing along in his room all alone. So cute.

A few plans for the next week…

Tonight is family dance night. On Saturday, I’m speaking at St Monica’s Catholic Church in Dallas on Saturday at 6:30. If you’re in the are, please join us. I’ll be talking about topics relating to my book The Crucified Rabbi. Holy Mass on Sunday at Mater Dei Catholic Church – Extraordinary Form.

For your retirement and other housing needs, please visit http://www.gregmelep.com

No comments:

Post a Comment